With the latest anniversary update, Microsoft provides an uber cool feature. The latest update allows you to link your Windows 10 license with your Microsoft account. By linking the license to your account, you will be able to reactivate the OS in case of change of hardware in the future. Today, you’ll learn How to link your Windows 10 License to your Microsoft account. Read on.
Here are the steps to follow
- Head over to the account page and select create account.
- Now enter your existing user id and pass-phrase or create a new one. And fill the rest of the details.
- Then click on Settings -> Update & Security -> Activation. Here you can attach your license. When you click on it, you can see a pop-up, enter your account details and sign in there.
- Once you are in, you will be asked to set a PIN, which will be used as an alternative way to sign in to your PC without your password. However, You can skip this step if you don’t want to.
- After completing all the steps correctly, you will see a message saying that : ‘Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account’.